Are Quick•Step® floors good for the bathroom?
I understand it is a floating floor, but does that increase the risk of mold forming from water being trapped beneath the flooring?
Quick•Step® floors are fine in a bathroom. We suggest not using the styles with the beveled edge as it has certain precautions that need to be taken. Listed below is some information regarding the installation of our floors in wet areas. Wet areas would include but are not limited to; bathrooms, powder rooms, kitchens, mud rooms, foyers, and laundry rooms. Neither Quick•Step® flooring, nor the Quick•Step® accessories are recommended for extreme humidity applications such as in saunas or swimming pool areas.
Since prolonged water exposure could damage your laminate flooring, the following installation recommendations should be closely followed:
- An expansion area of 5/16" – 3/8" must be provided around all vertical obstructions including walls, permanent cabinets, pipes etc.
- All perimeter expansion areas must be completely filled in with the Quick•Step® Sealant Kit. When applying sealant, it is helpful to first apply a strip of masking tape parallel to and approximately 1/32" from the edge of the laminate. Then fill the expansion area with sealant, remove excess with a plastic scraper or putty knife, and remove tape. Let dry for 24 hours before exposure to water.
- Maximum 26 ft (8 meter) lengths can be installed without a transition joint. Under each entrance door of the room, a transition joint must be installed.
- Quick•Step® maintenance products should be used and Quick•Step® maintenance procedures should be followed for years of enjoyment of your Quick•Step® floors.
- Wipe up spills immediately. Do not allow liquids to stand on your floor or stay in contact with any Quick•Step® accessory.
Information regarding our floor maintenance: Laminate flooring is virtually maintenance-free. Routine cleaning requires you only to vacuum, use a dust mop, or a slightly damp (not wet) mop and dry with a clean, white cotton cloth. The only product that you will need to use to clean your floor on a regular basis is Quick•Step® Quick Clean. With its smooth surface, Quick•Step® flooring cannot retain dust or dirt.
NEVER use a wax, polish, oil, or varnish coating on the floor. Do not use soap-based detergents, oil soaps, or one-step clean and shine type products, or any product that squirts liquid directly on the floor.
For dry maintenance, use a dust mop or vacuum cleaner. Avoid vacuum attachments with ‘beater bars’, which could damage your floor.
For damp maintenance: Apply diluted QS Quick Clean cleaning product or water lightly to dry, soft cloth (never directly to the floor), wipe over floor. (Never use other cleaning products or detergents!) This product cleans the floor very well and leaves a satin shine. Only use a WELL WRUNG OUT CLOTH. ALWAYS WIPE DRY IMMEDIATELY AFTER until no moisture is visible on the floor. If you do not wipe it dry, the Quick Clean product has virtually no effect.
WET MAINTENANCE IS ENTIRELY FORBIDDEN! Never wet mop or use wet or steam cleaners on your floor.
Remove stubborn stains carefully with Quick•Step® Force or a little acetone on a soft cloth. Never use steel wool, abrasive cleaners, or scouring powder, as they will scratch your floor.
Quick•Step® laminate is based on pre-treated, watertight glued HDF board. Despite Quick•Step® laminate’s relative moisture-resistance, remove any excess water immediately. Enjoy your Quick•Step® laminate floors!
Can I install Quick•Step® flooring myself or do I need to hire a local installer?
You can install Quick•Step® flooring yourself by following our Installation Instructions within our website. For more intricate floor designs contact your retailer for assistance.
How do I determine how much Quick•Step® flooring is needed to complete my room?
Please use our Floor Estimator.
If you have a question about our products and don't see the answer here please contact us.