Quick•Step® floors are not only designed for
homes, they’re designed for the families
who live there. So we make sure
they’re safe for everyone.
Quick•Step® floors are not only
designed for homes, they’re designed
for the families who live there. So we
make sure they’re safe for everyone.
- General question
- 1. Are Quick•Step® FLOORS recommended for use in bathrooms? What areas is the product recommended for?
Quick•Step® laminate floors are very durable and made with our patented Uniclic® locking system. This locking system allows for the use of our products in both bathrooms and kitchens as long as certain precautions are taken. We do not recommend the use of any of our beveled products in bathrooms. However, our non-beveled products can and have been used successfully in bathrooms. We have special installation instructions to follow when installing Quick•Step® laminate flooring in the bathroom. In the kitchen, you may use any of our products including beveled products. Care must be taken to avoid leaving water on the floors. The perimeter gap around the sink, dishwasher, garbage compactor, any outside entrance door, and behind the refrigerator must be completely filled with Quick•Step® Sealant or a quality silicon caulk. Wet areas include but are not limited to: bathrooms, powder rooms, kitchens, mud rooms, foyers, and laundry rooms. Neither Quick•Step® flooring, nor Quick•Step® accessories are recommended for extreme humidity applications such as in saunas or swimming pool areas. Since prolonged water exposure could damage your laminate flooring, the following installation recommendations should be closely followed:
- An expansion area of 5/16" – 3/8" must be provided around all vertical obstructions including walls, permanent cabinets, pipes, etc.
- All perimeter expansion areas must be completely filled in using the Quick•Step® Sealant Kit. When applying sealant, it is helpful to first apply a strip of masking tape parallel to and approximately 1/32" from the edge of the laminate. Then fill the expansion area with sealant, remove excess with a plastic scraper or putty knife, and remove tape. Let dry for 24 hours before exposure to water.
- Maximum 40 ft (12.2 meter) lengths can be installed without a transition joint. Under each entrance door of the room, a transition joint must be installed.
- Quick•Step® maintenance products should be used and Quick•Step® maintenance procedures should be followed for years of enjoyment of your Quick•Step® flooring.
- Wipe up spills immediately. Do not allow liquids to stand on your floor or stay in contact with any Quick•Step® accessory.
- 2. What if I have allergies?
Thanks to the closed surface structure of Quick•Step® laminate floors and the closed joints between the boards, there's nowhere for dust to creep. Moreover, the perfect laying and finishing of your Quick•Step® floor means it's easy to clean. Dust mites and other allergy-causing organisms cannot survive on clean laminate floors. This will help you protect your home from allergens. This is extremely important for people suffering from asthma or dust allergies. To maintain good hygiene it is essential that you always use a Quick•Step® maintenance product for cleaning. These do not contain any wax or varnish which can attract dust. With the Quick•Step® microfiber tissues (Quick•Step® maintenance kit) you can easily remove all dust.
- 3. What is laminate flooring?
Quick•Step® is a laminate floor. The base of a Quick•Step® floor is a watertight, glued HDF board (High Density Fibre Board). This is covered with a design layer and a transparent overlay against wear and tear. Underneath, a barrier layer stops rising damp and prevents the boards from deforming. The design layer is a photo of wood or tiles that is printed on paper. This paper is submerged in melamine resin. This is covered with a very strong and transparent protective layer. The melamine layers are pressed on the HDF board in a press under high pressure and temperature. In addition, a wood or tile structure is also pressed into the top layer. For example, the oak designs have a wood texture that coincide exactly with the wood pattern. The highly refined printing technique means that you can hardly tell the difference between the photo and real wood. So you can have a "wooden floor" in your home without sacrificing valuable trees. In addition, you don't have to worry about the disadvantages of a wooden floor. There's a Quick•Step® laminate floor for every budget. They are easy and fast to install (yourself) and easy to maintain.
- 4. Where can I buy Quick•Step® flooring?
- 5. I have kids, a dog and a lot of foot traffic in my home. How durable are Quick•Step® floors?
By passing a variety of rigorous performance tests to ensure durability, strength and overall quality, our floors have earned the North American Laminate Flooring Association (NALFA) Certification Seal. To learn more, visit NALFA.com. Additionally, an AC-rating measures how well a floor will resist damage from abrasion, impact, stains, household chemicals and burns. All Quick•Step® floors have achieved an AC-3 or AC-4 rating, meaning that they can withstand normal wear and tear associated with increased foot traffic in heavy residential or light commercial applications.
- 6. What makes NatureTEK Plus and NatureTEK Select waterproof flooring systems?
NatureTEK Plus uses a combination of proprietary features to create waterproof protection.
The Uniclic® joint system, GenuEdge® pressed bevel edge and Hydroseal perimeter coating in
combination, create the NatureTEK Plus waterproof flooring system technology, allowing for a
Residential Limited Lifetime Flooring system and Pet Warranty when installed properly.
NatureTEK Select uses our Uniclic® joint system and Hydroseal perimeter coating on a milled
bevel edge to allow for a Residential 10-Year Flooring System and Limited Lifetime Pet
Warranty when installed properly.
- 7. What is Hydroseal?
Hydroseal is a hydrophobic coating applied around the perimeter of the click profile and is an
integral part of the NatureTEK Plus and NatureTEK Select waterproof flooring systems.
- 8. Can NatureTEK Plus and NatureTEK Select be installed in a basement?
Yes. Provided the basement meets all of the requirements specified in the installation
instructions. This includes acceptable subfloor moisture levels. Do not install in rooms with floor drains or sump pumps.
- 9. Is my floor warranted for pet accidents?
Yes. NatureTEK Select and NatureTEK Plus protects against pet accidents and is covered by our
Limited Lifetime Full Pet Stain Warranty.
- 10. Are NatureTEK Plus and NatureTEK Select safe to use in my home?
Yes. All QuickStep floors are subjected to rigorous tests that are designed to ensure that all
QuickStep products meet the highest standards and do not harm interior air quality. NatureTEK
Plus is FloorScore Certified, a 3rd Party confirmation of the product’s low VOC footprint.
- 11. If I put NatureTEK Plus or NatureTEK Select in a bucket of water, is it waterproof?
No. NatureTEK Plus and NatureTEK Select function as a waterproof flooring system when
installed properly. Individual planks are not waterproof.
- 12. Is my floor warranted if my bathtub overflows?
No, The NatureTEK Plus and NatureTEK Select waterproof flooring system warranties apply to
household spills only. Flooding, leaking pipes, mechanical failure and appliance leaks are
examples of events not covered under the warranty.